Troubleshooting Air Conditioner Compressor Problems
Your air conditioning compressor is a vital part of your air conditioning system. The compressor compresses cool, low-pressure gas into a hot, high-pressure gas, which is then sent to the condenser. Once this gas reaches the condenser, it is cooled into a liquid and sent to the evaporator.
Although the compressor is only one of the three major components of your air conditioning system, if it fails, your entire air conditioning unit will not produce cool air effectively.
If you have any questions about troubleshooting your AC compressor problems or if you’re interested in scheduling AC repair in Middle Georgia, give us a call at (478) 787-6578 or contact us online today.
Signs Your Air Conditioner Compressor Is Going Bad
Think of your air conditioner’s compressor like the heart of the machine. If it isn’t working well, the rest of your air conditioning system will run out of sync. Before your air conditioner fully breaks down, keep a lookout for these signs there may be an AC compressor failure:
- The AC compressor won’t turn on
- The air conditioner is blowing warm air
- The air conditioner frequently trips the circuit breaker
- The outside unit shakes when it starts up
- The air conditioner is making strange noises
If you notice one of more of these signs, you might have a problem! Thankfully, our HVAC contractors can help.
Compressor Troubleshooting Tips
Consider these minor troubleshooting tips if you’re experiencing issues with your compressor.
- Turn off the power – Shut off the power to your air conditioning unit before you start any work on it. Check for any wires that look loose, worn, or burnt. Check for any damaged wire connections in the compressor terminal box. These types of damages will require professional repair services. Call (478) 787-6578 to schedule AC repair.
- Look at the condenser fan – Check to see if the condenser fan starts and is working properly. If the compressor isn’t starting, your air conditioner may be low on refrigerant, and the compressor may be too hot or broken.
- Inspect the fan motor – Next, take a look at the fan motor because it can affect the compressor too. For example, a fan motor may lock when it is running, or it may have poor wings. The fan motor can also have bad components that may need replacing.
A few key things could be the cause of your compressor breaking: the wrong amount of refrigerant, dirty or frozen coils, or contamination. Let a professional HVAC company determine the cause of your breakdown and make the correct repairs. The components of your air conditioner are complex, and any type of small mishap can easily turn into an expensive repair bill. If you’re located near Macon, GA, give us a call.
Give us a call at (478) 787-6578 if you have any questions regarding your AC compressor problem.
Minimize Unnecessary Air Conditioner Repairs
At Conditioned Air, we believe that one of the most important, but underused, services is preventative maintenance. Most customers don’t realize how much money they could save by utilizing this annual maintenance service until it’s too late and they’re calling us for air conditioner repairs.
Preventative maintenance keeps your system running efficiently. Our technicians will go through your entire HVAC system and prepare it for the upcoming season. This proactive approach reduces occurrences of system failures like compressor issues.
Schedule AC Repair in Middle Georgia
Though you may be able to troubleshoot the AC problems you’re experiencing yourself, if you run into issues, give Conditioned Air a call as soon as possible to schedule AC repair. We offer repair services to those in Macon, Warner Robins, Perry, and the surrounding areas in Middle Georgia.
To schedule AC repair in Macon or the surrounding areas in Middle Georgia, give us a call now at (478) 787-6578 or contact us online today.