Boiler Maintenance Services in Macon & Middle Georgia
Your boiler is a crucial appliance that your family or business depends on year-round. When it stops functioning, the hot water stops flowing through the pipes. At Conditioned Air, Inc., our certified HVAC specialists are available 24/7 to perform the maintenance and repairs that will keep your boiler operational.
Contact Conditioned Air, Inc. today at (478) 742-8768 to schedule boiler maintenance in Macon or Middle Georgia.
Our Boiler Maintenance Services
Preventive boiler maintenance is always preferred to last-minute repairs. Our HVAC teams work hard to ensure your systems provide efficient, safe, and reliable operation. To that end, we do the following when we perform an annual boiler inspection:
- Test controls
- Test and repair valves
- Test and repair switches
- Check combustion air requirements
- Inspect and repair piping
- Inspect and repair the expansion tank
- Inspect for signs of leaks and other flooding hazards
Contact Conditioned Air, Inc. today at (478) 742-8768 for more information about the inspections and tests we perform during a standard boiler maintenance visit.
Signs Your Boiler Needs Maintenance
Your boiler will alert you to problems before they cause a sudden failure. Common signs of an impending failure that requires prompt maintenance include:
- Neglected Maintenance. If you don’t remember the last time it was serviced, then it’s probably long overdue.
- Clogged Filters. Filters should be replaced about once every month. If the filter is dirtier than normal, it may be because there are problems that need addressing.
- Visible Leaks. Leaks around the boiler are a clear indication that it has rusted through or has connections that are loose.
- Higher Utility Bills. Sudden increases in utility bills often indicate a significant problem with energy efficiency. These are usually caused by component failures that reduce the capacity of the boiler.
- Diminished Heat. If the water isn’t getting hot enough or the boiler is short-cycling, it’s often because components are worn out.
- Strange Noises and Smells. Musty odors, banging sounds, gurgling sounds, “rotten egg” smells, and other smells and noises can indicate component failure.
- Unit Age. The older your boiler, the more maintenance it will require. Most boilers will provide reliable operation for 10-15 years, after which their efficiency will decrease, and the number of required repairs will increase.
Contact Conditioned Air, Inc. today at (478) 742-8768 to speak with our team about the signs you notice coming from your boiler. We will answer your questions and tell you the potential causes we recommend inspecting.
FAQs About Boiler Maintenance
How Often Should an Oil Boiler Be Cleaned?
A trained HVAC specialist should clean oil boilers on an annual basis. This helps ensure that every component is properly cleaned and the boiler is correctly reassembled.
Why Do Boilers Break Down?
Boilers can break down for any number of reasons. Problems with the pump, component failures, electrical faults, or clogged air filters can cause a boiler to stop functioning.
Are High-Efficiency Boilers Worth the Investment?
High-efficiency boilers tend to cost more, but they return more over the long term. Over time, homeowners and businesses that invest in a high-efficiency boiler will enjoy considerably lower utility bills, maintenance, and repair expenses.
Choose Conditioned Air: A Carrier Factory-Authorized Dealer
Conditioned Air, Inc. is a proud factory-authorized Carrier dealer. We trust the quality and workmanship that goes into the company’s HVAC products and can perform Carrier boiler installation, maintenance, and repairs.
We encourage you to contact Conditioned Air, Inc. today by calling (478) 742-8768 to learn more about the Carrier products we offer and the boiler maintenance services we provide clients in Macon and throughout Middle Georgia.