Why Won’t My Heating System Turn On?
Is your heating system on the fritz? Wondering why your heat won’t turn on? Don’t ignore it! If you want to fix your heating system at home, we’ve put together a few troubleshooting tips, featured below.
- Check the Air Filters – Extremely dirty filters can completely block airflow. Clean or replace HVAC filters as needed and make sure all of the vents in your home are open and free of obstructions.
- Ensure the System Is On – You may not realize that your heater (both gas and electric) has a power switch located on the unit. Make sure the switch is turned on. Additionally, look inside your electrical panel to ensure the breaker that supplies power to your heating system is in the “On” position.
- Inspect Your Thermostat – First off, make sure your thermostat is set to the “Heat” or “Auto” setting. If that doesn’t start warm airflow, raise the temperature to the highest possible setting. Wait a few minutes to see if that sets the furnace in motion.
- Check the Pilot Light – A dirty or faulty pilot light is one of the main reasons a gas furnace won’t start. Many people will leave this problem to the professionals, but if you have mechanical expertise, you may feel comfortable fixing the issue yourself. Start by turning off the power and natural gas feed to the furnace. Open the panel on the front of the unit and locate the pilot light. Refer to your user’s manual for the correct procedure to remove the pilot light from the unit. Gently but thoroughly clean the pilot light with medium-grain sandpaper to remove any debris. Reattach the pilot light, replace the panel, restore power to the furnace, and return the unit’s gas flow. If the furnace still doesn’t work, it’s time to call in the professionals.
- Make Sure Natural Gas Is Flowing into the Furnace – If your furnace won’t start, it may be because the unit isn’t getting any fuel. Simply check the gas control valve to ensure it’s in the “On” position.
Heat Won’t Turn On, Even Now? Call Conditioned Air, Inc. for Repair in Georgia.
If you’ve checked off the five most common furnace problems and are still out of luck, it’s time to contact the experts at Conditioned Air for help. Our trained technicians will inspect every inch of your heating system and get it back in tip-top shape to keep you warm all winter long. Our crew is fast, efficient, and on-call 24/7 so that you won’t have to suffer in the cold a minute longer than necessary.
We also offer emergency heating system repair services! Our technicians are on-call 24 hours a day and can be quickly dispatched anywhere within a 60-mile radius of Macon, GA to handle your emergency furnace or heating system repair needs.
If your Georgia home heating system is down, contact us today or give us a call at (478) 787-6578.