Heat Pump Replacement in Macon, Georgia
Due to the mild climate in Middle Georgia, heat pumps work particularly well for both heating and cooling. If you have an older model that is starting to have problems, it may be worth considering an upgrade to take advantage of the latest advances in energy-efficiency, reliability, and comfort.
At Conditioned Air, Inc., we offer replacement and installation services for heat pumps, as well as complete maintenance and repair services. Since 1938, we have been helping homeowners throughout Macon and Middle Georgia improve their comfort with our comprehensive heating, air conditioning, and air quality services. Our friendly, certified professionals have extensive experience and can help with all your heating and cooling problems.
Contact Conditioned Air at (478) 787-6578 to schedule heat pump replacement in the Macon area!
When to Replace Your Heat Pump
A new heat pump can be a major investment for any homeowner. When you are considering your options, you should factor in not only the age and condition of your current heat pump, but also the potential long-term savings you can enjoy by upgrading to a reliable, energy-efficient model. Replacement may be the best choice if any of the following are true:
- Your heat pump is over 10 years old. Heat pumps typically last between 10 and 15 years, but they will gradually lose efficiency and require more frequent repairs. If your system is older and starting to have problem, it may be worth upgrading.
- Your utility costs are high. An older heat pump will often use more energy than it needs to, because it has to work harder to overcome the inefficiencies created by aging, worn components. This will translate into higher heating and cooling costs, especially compared to newer systems.
- The heat pump has poor efficiency ratings. Older heat pumps often have SEER ratings of 13 or less and HSPF ratings below 8. Today’s models range from 13 to over 20 SEER, and they can have an HSPF of 8 to 10, saving energy and reducing your utility costs.
- Your heat pump cannot heat or cool effectively. As a heat pump ages, its performance will suffer, significantly reducing your comfort and indoor air quality.
- Frequent repairs are needed. An older heat pump may require frequent repairs and maintenance to remain operating properly, which can become quite expensive. If it has a major problem, like a failed compressor, replacement will almost always be the best option.
Our HVAC experts at Conditioned Air can examine your system and help you determine if repair or replacement is the best option for your needs and budget.
Our Heat Pump Replacement Services in Middle Georgia
If you choose to replace your heat pump, our team at Conditioned Air can help you choose the best system for your home and provide a fast, professional installation. Our process typically includes:
- Removing your old heat pump
- Calculating heating and cooling loads
- Selecting an appropriate system with the features you need
- Installing the condenser, evaporator, refrigerant lines, and other components
- Charging and testing the system
We also offer maintenance services that can help keep your heat pump running efficiently and properly after the installation.
Schedule Heat Pump Replacement in Macon With Conditioned Air
Whether you are upgrading your current heat pump, or installing a new one, you can trust our team at Conditioned Air for a reliable, energy-efficient installation.
Contact us online or give us a call at (478) 787-6578 to schedule heat pump installation now!