What is an HVAC Installation Checklist?
Originally published February 2013, updated November 2016
When the time comes for an HVAC system upgrade in your Warner Robins, GA, home, it is important that the installation team completes all essential activity properly. At Conditioned Air, we use an HVAC installation checklist so that our customers can rest assured that we have taken care of every detail. We diligently observe the checklist so no area is overlooked.
Each Part Affects the Whole
Proper installation can make a huge difference in comfort and energy savings. It is also important to the life of your system. The internal components of a unit that is not secure can experience more wear and tear. The outdoor unit can also become easily dislodged in a storm. The following are other factors that must be considered during installation:
- All connections must be inspected
- Power cords must be free of damage
- If it’s an older home make sure that wiring can support the electrical needs of the new system
- Drip pans must be clean and free of cracks and rust
- There should be no standing water, odors or leaks
- The drain must be clear and free of fungi
- This area should also be clean and free of dust or dirt
- The fan motor must be lubricated
- The fan belt must have the right tension
- The ductwork should be clean and free of obstructions
- There should be no gaps, cracks, or leaks
- Air distribution must be balanced
- Supply and return vents should be open and clean
Our technicians will check the filter, calibrate the thermostat, and make sure there are no refrigerant or fuel leaks. All parts of the system must be checked, or the efficiency and lifespan of the new installation will be affected.
Trust the Experts at Conditioned Air
A checklist only goes so far. Our technicians also use Manual J®, recommended by the Air Conditioning Contractors of America Association, Inc. (ACCA). This software was designed to ensure contractors comply with building codes when calculating heating and cooling loads.
By following a checklist during every furnace, heat pump, or air conditioner installation, we can guarantee that your new system will operate at its peak level for your safety and comfort. For more information about new HVAC installation or to go over any item on our checklist, contact Conditioned, Air, Inc. at 478-787-6578.